Welcome to PaintBard

Welcome to the PaintBard Blog! I hope there is something here for you! If you are interested in exchanging banners, please let me know!!

Thursday, August 19, 2010

New models

I love new models!
I got to see the new Warhammer box set and fell in love with some of the goodness found inside! The High elves are spectacular, starting with a mage with some water/power effects swirling at his feet. Like wow. It was enough to make me hold this model and stare at it for a good 10 minutes. And then there was the Griffon and rider. Just holy wow! It was all painted up and I love that model! The only part I wasn’t super keen on were the silverhelms? The riders themselves were good, but the horses while new, look like long legged not horses to me. Id be tempted to build using woodelf cavalry bits instead. The spear men were awesome too. The shields have raised dragon and water to represent Lothern Sea Guard. So much goodness, it was crazy! The Skaven were pretty sweet too! I already have the clan rats, but the new special characters were fantastic. It also came with the unit attachment war machines. They were gorgeous and so much prettier than what Ive put together for my own Skaven so far. It also came with some new Rat Ogres that were just awesome.
Is that enough Awesome for you?
Why does GW have to put out such fantastic models every time I try to pull myself away? And they are plastic. I love plastic models. They are so much easier to convert and rid of mold lines and did I mention paint doesn’t seem to rub off of sharp edges just by looking at them? I may have picked up a lion chariot to paint up. I have always loved that model, and this will be my chance to see if I enjoy painting these guys enough to resume assembling a playable army rather than just painting the off figure.

Frank Frezetta's Death Dealer
Besides that I have found myself gleefully involved in a story writing arc. While visiting my cousin, he introduced me to a never ending story writing campaign. You write stories and send in orders for each “turn”. I have only just begun, but have enjoyed it immensely. I only hope that when work begins anew for me that I can devote enough time to continue growing my “people”. The people I have created are strongly influenced by not only literature that I have enjoyed but art work too. Frank Frezetta has always been a huge favorite of mine. The Death Dealer series were always some of my favorite. Also, I have enjoyed reading and viewing Conan the barbarian books and art. Add to that a company called Rackham which has pretty much died off, and doesn’t even carry images of their older metal models, used to produce a group known as the “Drune”. They are a dark and nasty group and I always enjoyed reading and painting Drune.
I called my people the Baal, and can’t wait until they ride to war accompanied by stories that my imagination has come up with.



Cheers for now,

Bard

No comments:

Post a Comment