Welcome to PaintBard

Welcome to the PaintBard Blog! I hope there is something here for you! If you are interested in exchanging banners, please let me know!!

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Malifaux Coryphee

I'm nearly done the Coryphee, and with them, done painting a friends models. It will be good to go back to painting my own models. And I am sure he will be happy to stomp me and anyone else that gets in his way with a fully painted warband.

For those of you that have yet to play or collect the models for the Malifaux gaming system, I strongly recommend that you look into it. The game is fast paced, small scale (meaning you don't need to invest a huge amount of $) and full of over the top characters. I use the word over the top in a good way though. When my friends and I started to play the game one of the comments that came out was "wow, your leader is broken!" "but so is mine!" Every single 'caster' brings a unique dimension to the game and is broken in a wonderfully fun and individual way. You never feel like you are going into a fight and are going to loose.

I started my collection with the Lilith war band. She is from a faction known as the neverborn. Think Demons and wonderful nastiness. Some of my favorites are the possessed dolls, etc. After I started to paint these I decided that it might be fun to try a different warband. So I went and got myself a starter of the Viktorias. They are from a faction known as the Outcasts. So much fun, and such pretty models.

Dancing girls? Arcanists faction
I really find my attention being jerked every which way by this game. The models are top notch. Game play is quick, and even a dunce like me can get a hang of the models after only a few games.

cheers, Bard
p.s. Thanks to those of you that have helped with my Movember cause. Still some time left!

2 comments:

  1. I am really enthusiastic about these coryphees. I especially like the yellow and the colour interaction. Also, great job on the bases! Now get back to painting your own warband!!

    I base-coated my Sonnia pack in preparation for facing your stupid Kirai one! :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. He might have given up on Kirai now that he has Lord Chompy Bits.

    ReplyDelete